Monday, October 18, 2010

Daddy, stubborness, a tooth, and a happy fairy....

The tooth fairy visited our house last night, he has been waiting a very long time to collect a certain tooth.  I'll show you a photo I took a few days ago, it should shed some light on this story. 

This is my one and only baby girl.  I love this photo, took it just the other day.  Can you see that tiny baby tooth that looks like it could fall out at any second?  Right there next to her two front teeth.  That very tooth has been driving my husband nuts for weeks!  Weeks is no exaggeration. Every night at dinner, he would ask her if he could please pull her tooth, he asked her when she brushed her teeth for bedtime, he asked her as we left the house for a walk, on our way to the grocery store, when she woke up, he wouldn't leave her alone!  He tried a few time to do it by force, it got ugly folks.  He would beg, threaten, offer money but she dug her heals in and wouldn't let that little tooth be pulled. And he says she gets her stubbornness from me!
Last night, as the kids were brushing their teeth and daddy was asking for the millionth time if he could please just pull it, with all of his promises of it not hurting and our oldest son was saying something like 'just pull the stinking thing already!' it fell out!  Cue angels singing 'haaaaaallelujah,  hallelujah, hallelujah, hallaaaalujahhhhhh!'. 
Now there is no tiny tooth by her gigantic adult teeth (she gets that from me) and the tooth fairy gave her a little bonus, there was two dollars under her pillow!  Not quite as much as the fifty dollars her dad had offered once at dinner (told you he was desperate) but she was happy and I think the tooth fairy was too.  I don't know what we'll talk about at dinner tonight but I'm sure we'll think of something.

No comments:

Post a Comment