Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Some might call it coincidence.....


That's my youngest boy and my handsome husband raking up the leaves in front of our new house.  As you can see, his shirt is well worn.  It has holes in the armpints. (that is how my kids said armpits when they were little, I still use the reference because it reminds me of before they had proper speech.  When they were little buggers, it makes me smile.)

I actually bought that shirt before we had children....oh about 9 years ago. My youngest claimed it when he was tiny and it hung down past his knees.  It has a bulldozer on it you see and says 'my dad works at Caterpillar'.  His Dad didn't work at Cat when he started wearing it but he did when I bought it.
We recently moved here from about 3 states away but we've lived here before, in this little town.  Not in this house but kitty corner from it.

When we first lived in the house kitty corner from here, we didn't have any babies but that didn't stop me from going to garage sales with them (my future little ones) in mind.  Mrs. P the former lady of the house use to have some rockin' garage sales.  I bought all her little Cat shirts with hopes that my crew would someday wear them.  And wear them they have.  They wore the armpints right out of them!

It wasn't long before the little ones arrived and we moved back towards family but there was something about this little town that just stuck with us.  Now, here we are back in our little town and his daddy really does work at Cat again.  The family that use to have the garage sales had moved away and the Lord worked it out just right.  Just right you see, that this shirt could come home again and live it's armpitless last days out on a little boy who will call this house home.

So, I guess I don't necessarily believe in coincidences.   I believe in things working out, for the good....how does that scripture go?  Because, I sure do love Him.  I know He loves me and you.
Have a good day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment